Do you have a passion for entrepreneurship and tech, and a knack for telling stories?
Can you create and share stories across multiple platforms: print, blogs, social, sites, podcasts + video using the latest digital tools and heaps of creativity? If so, you are the Multimedia Storyteller UVC is looking for!
Upstate Venture Connect (UVC) is a non-profit that connects high-growth entrepreneurs in Upstate NY with the people and resources needed for success. The UNY50 Leadership Network, UNY Events Calendar, UNY Pulse Newsletter and CEO Survey are among the many resources UVC offers. We also hold the annual Upstate Unleashed Conference featuring awards for Upstate’s top entrepreneurial leaders, and keynote speakers such as Netflix Co-founder Marc Randolph! Telling stories is how we built our network past the 17,000 mark and we need the right teammate to take this effort to the next level.
UVC’s Multimedia Storyteller will create and deliver content across digital media, update our web assets and email database/CRM, and be a Brand Ambassador to the Upstate entrepreneurial community.
You will meet the top entrepreneurial leaders across Upstate NY. Your goal will be to advance UVC’s mission, while expanding your knowledge of startup life in Upstate, and helping to grow your personal network of mentors and influencers.
Ideal Candidate Profile
– Three or more years of experience in digital marketing, multimedia content creation or similar
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
– Proficient with digital platforms such as WordPress, GSuite, Mailchimp, social media and internet applications required
– Experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Hootsuite, HubSpot/Salesforce, Canva, iMovie, Adobe Premiere, Eventbrite and social media ad accounts is a plus
– Strong verbal and written communications skills
– Orientation towards taking ownership and pride in teamwork (“I do this because it’s the right thing” vs. “I do this because my boss says to”)
– A passion for entrepreneurship and technology; Interest in Upstate’s startup scene
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Experience with promoting events is a plus
This isn’t just an internship – it is an opportunity to start your entrepreneurial career. We value self-starters with the ability to work independently and create/execute new initiatives.
Members of UVC’s Network are passionate about growing a new generation of great companies in Upstate NY. Get ready to meet them and share their stories!
This is a full-time position with the opportunity for professional growth within or outside of UVC. Part-time contractor opportunity also available. Interested parties should apply on Indeed. If selected, candidates will be required to submit creative samples.