Learn How to Access Over $2 Billion in Annual SBIR/STTR Grant Opportunities
Workshop: April 21 at Bird Library
The Blackstone LaunchPad is sponsoring at SBIR/STTR Federal Grant Opportunities Workshop April 21, 2017, 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm, in Blackstone LaunchPad and Peter Graham Scholarly Commons, Main Floor, Bird Library
Each year, 11 federal agencies set aside more than $2 billion to fund research and development at small businesses, through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program and the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program. Federal agencies issue solicitations to small companies, including start-ups, for research and product development.
Come to this workshop to learn more about SBIR and STTR programs and if they could be a tool to fund your ideas for innovation in research and new product development. Marcene Sonneborn, Professor of Practice in the School of Information Studies, and SBIR and Innovation Specialist from CNY Technology Development Organization, will lead the workshop. Sponsored by the Blackstone LaunchPad at Syracuse University, it is open to the campus and community.
What you will learn
• Overview of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer Research (STTR) programs
• How small businesses, manufacturers and entrepreneurs can tap into over $2B in federal funding for grants and contracts to develop innovative products and services
Who should attend
• Entrepreneurs seeking to start a technology business
• University researchers wishing to explore partnering with small businesses with a goal of commercializing University research/technology
• Phase I award winners planning a Phase II proposal
• Past Phase I applicants who have not yet won an award
SBIR proposals are two times more likely to be funded when small businesses collaborate with a university or research institution. Find out how to make those connections at this campus-community info exchange.
Information materials will also be provided by the Syracuse University Office of Technology Transfer.
For more information, or to register, please e-mail: LaunchPad@syr.edu