Reg Harnish is a serial entrepreneur, nationally-recognized cybersecurity expert, keynote speaker, author and founder and Board Director of GreyCastle Security, a leading provider of cybersecurity risk, compliance, certification and privacy services.
Reg has been practicing cybersecurity for nearly two decades. His experiences, skills and perspectives have established him as a highly-respected thought-leader. He has held senior cybersecurity and executive leadership positions for numerous organizations, including the Center for Internet Security, Autotask (acquired by Datto) and SynQuest (acquired by Viewlocity).
Reg is regularly featured in Time Magazine, Forbes, The Washington Post, CBS Nightly News, CIO Magazine, Dark Reading, Software Magazine, ComputerWorld, InfoWorld and numerous other media outlets.
Reg is a nationally-recognized speaker and has presented at countless industry and security conferences. His thoughtful and sometimes provocative perspectives on business, leadership and cybersecurity have made him a highly sought-after keynote speaker.
In addition, Reg:
• is a fellow of the National Cybersecurity Institute, a research center in Washington, DC;
• was recently recognized as the Cybersecurity Consultant of the Year in North America by the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards for both 2018 and 2017;
• has co-authored several books on cybersecurity awareness and is a regular content contributor to the Forbes Technology Council;
• serves as a cybersecurity advisor to numerous colleges and universities;
• was recognized by MARCOM as an innovator in cybersecurity communications;
• is Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and an ITIL Foundations certified.
As CEO of GreyCastle, Reg was responsible for inventing, refining and executing the company’s vision. Under his leadership, the company experienced eight consecutive years of rapid growth and countless industry accolades. Today, GreyCastle Security is working with organizations in nearly every state in the U.S. and is considered the industry’s leading provider of cybersecurity risk, compliance, certification and privacy services.
In addition to his achievements in cybersecurity, Reg helped lead three other successful technology startups from concept through successful exits. He has held executive leadership roles for nearly twenty years.