Buffalo Business First: Buffalo-based startup leaders in line for annual UVC awards
Startup leaders from Buffalo are among the nominees for the 2018 Venture Ecosystem Awards, an annual program that recognizes entrepreneurs and their supporters from Albany to Buffalo.
The 2018 finalists and winners will be revealed during the Upstate Unleashed conference on Oct. 2 in Syracuse.
Western New Yorkers who’ve been nominated for various awards include:
• Chuck Lannon, a co-founder of Life Storage and active investor who’s backed local startups ranging from Athenex to PostProcess Technologies
• Matthew Pelkey, a partner at Colligan Law LLP and correspondent for Upstate Venture Connect.
• Jordan Levy, a venture capitalist who co-founded the Z80 Labs incubator, is a board member of Synacor Inc., Launch NY and 43North and recently invested in ACV Auctions
• Irv Levy, an executive and investor in Buffalo who is a 43North mentor/advisor
• Jack McGowan, a project manager for Insyte Consulting, director of the Western New York Venture Assocation/Buffalo Angels and a mentor for the University at Buffalo Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
• Andrea Vossler, a partner in the corporate practice group of Lippes, Mathias, Wexler & Friedman LLP
• Chuck Lannon (featured in picture courtesy of Buffalo Business First)
• Marnie LaVigne, president and CEO of Launch NY and the Launch NY Seed Fund